Senior Director of Product Experience Design, Welltok, Inc., Denver, CO (Feb 2018 - present)
- Leading of Product Designers and User Researchers
- Build and manage the experience design process, support initiates from concept through launch
- Work collaboratively with engineering, product owners, user research and stakeholders
- Engage in business strategic planning and provide cultural leadership.
Senior Product Design Lead, Looker Data Sciences, Santa Cruz, CA (Apr 2016 - Feb 2018)
- UX and design language overhaul of BI subcription web tool.
- Used the Looker tool to monitor usage across browsers, feature usage, screen sizes and to identify most common interaction patterns.
- Observed and met with customers about feature feedback, pain points and requests.
- Adressed GitHub issues daily that capture desired improvements from customers, product, sales, design, engineering and C-level staff.
- Updates released every four weeks.
Senior Principal UX and Team lead, Yahoo, Sunnyvale, CA (Feb 2014 - Feb 2016)
- Hands on design leadership including product strategy, user flows, architecture, wireframes, visual design, design language definition and prototyping.
- Design lead on Yahoo Finance for fullscreen interactive charts for desktop and mobile apps.
- Redesigned editorial tool connection Yahoo to tumblr in less than one month.
- Defined analytics design language used across multiple B2B and consumer data analytics sites.
- Mentor to junior designers.
UX Design Manager, Yahoo, Denver, CO (Sep 2011 - Feb 2014)
- Team lead and manager of four direct reports for user experience, visual and front-end designers. Liaison to cross-functional team of engineers, product and QE.
- Design team representative to the larger design group at Yahoo.
- Responsible for hiring, performance reviews, culture influence and overseeing general work flow for the design team.
- Projects included Yahoo's User Publishing systems: Yahoo Contributor Services and Yahoo Voices; Yahoo Publish enterprise software for internal editors; Also redesigned the company's intranet site.
- Process applications include Agile, Trello, Jira, Github, Slack and HipChat.
Senior Interaction Designer, Yahoo, Santa Monica, CA (Jul 2006 - Sep 2011)
- Designed user interaction experiences for large scale media websites including: Yahoo Health, Astrology, Shine, News, Finance, TV and the global responsive design template system for early smartphones and tablets.
- Responsibilities included conceptual product ideation, wireframing, workflows, user journeys, site architecture, site ontologies, competitive audits, branding and usability testing.
- Worked as the design liason with product, engineering and design.
Senior Interaction Designer, Zaudhaus Design Group, Venice Beach, CA (Apr 2005 - Jul 2006)
- Contract design work focusing on storytelling with web experiences, product brainstorming and definition, information architecture, user workflows and wireframes.
- Clients included the International Museum of Women San Francisco, eFax and Spogger.
Art Director, Grey Global Advertising, Los Angeles, CA (Jan 1999 - Aug 2002)
- Conceptual design and development of various interactive and print projects.
- Formats included websites, email campaigns, banner ads, direct mail, magazine ads, newspaper ads, posters, outdoor, package design and new business presentation materials.
- Clients included AT+T Broadband, City National Bank, DHL, Excite@Home, Washington Mutual, Los Angeles Times, Bank of America, Southern California Edison, Sparkletts Bottled Water, Ballys, Paris and Flamingo Las Vegas and Automobile Club of Southern California.
- MFA, Media Design, Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA
- BS, Business/Marketing, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Front-End Web Development, General Assembly, Denver, CO
- Patent No. 9,159,074 Tool for embedding comments for objects in an article
- Patent No. USD624089 Transitional computer user interface for a display screen
- Patent No. USD612,860 Design of complex data and image array display
- Yahoo Superstar Award given to top 1% performers in the company
- Yahoo “New, New Thing” Award for the most innovative product in Yahoo Lifetsyles
- Designing Interactive Systems Conference Panel Presentation of MFA thesis
- Consumer Electronics Show Las Vegas Graduate School Projects displayed
- Boston University Full Tuition Scholarship for Springboard Diving
- Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, Invision, Keynote, GitHub, Trello